Business Intelligence (BI) is a set of development tools and techniques that use proven business paractices. BI transforms business data into meaningful and useful information that can be used internally and externally across multiple facets of business and its environment to make informative and creative business decisions. The ultimate goal is to convert data from all sources to allow business with ease to appraise, analyze and apply information created to achieve the best benefit for the company. Two Potato applies these tools to suit your unique company requirements.
Most companies sit in a data rich and high volume environment with data scattered across multiple data sources of input and different file formats ( i.e.text, Excel sheets etc.). Existing systems apply and strain labour resources to produce reports to make management informed decisions. BI reduces intense manual labour requirements to produce the information as well as it reduces human error and mis-direction associated with a manual system and BI allows a reallocation of labour to other requirements (i.e. analytical creative presentations) . There are many tools that BI can provide to enhance, automate, improve your data management and materially improve efficiency and profits. BI is completely customizable to unique business requirements.
Two Potato provides an evaluation that is a candid face-to-face discussion with management and supporting staff with the goal to determine the existing data gathering system and what it requires to convert to a BI system that will meet management objectives. Two Potato uses this information to create a cost effective and time sensitive custom plan unique to your business requirements. This plan is created and applied upon client's approval.
- Data Warehousing / Data Marts : A data warehouse is a repository of data collected from all data sources across the client's business. It enables management or individuals to customize reports or create analysis to meet their specific needs. This can be used to separate data from source for manipulation, evaluation and/or presentation purposes. It can also be used to merge varying sources of data to allow for better clarity.
- Data Mining : The process of analyzing data from different perspectives and sources while summarizing it into useful information. Some examples of why you would need data mining are: anomaly detection, searching for connections between data (common variables), grouping data, third party data reconciliation etc.
- Reporting : The goal of reporting is to allow users and management to analyze the data in a manner that is efficient and productive that does not exist in their existing systems. It allows the data to be laid out in an understandable manner so that actions can be taken for improvement.... (see Custom reports)
- Dashboards : A visual snapshot of business activities / information relating to specific requirements. Two Potato can create custom solutions for dashboard / summary requirements.
- Data Transfers : Using SSIS/ETL we can help you implement an appropriate information management foundation that can deliver integrated, accurate, and timely data across your organization. Our data management solutions help ensure you provide trusted data in the areas of business intelligence, data warehousing, data migration, and master data management. Our goal is to provide decision makers with accurate, relevant and actionable information, resulting in improved profitability, improved customer satisfaction and operation efficiency.
Utilizing SQL Server Integration Services we can work with you to make sure data is sourced correctly, ensure its quality, and provide the appropriate data architecture for effective reporting and analysis. Our consulting services address the following areas:
- Integration of data from multiple data sources
- Data cleansing and profiling to improve data quality
- Master data management
- Meta-data management to ensure data lineage and history
- Management of information throughout its life-cycle to enhance governance and compliance
- EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) : Fundamental standard for all electronic data transfers from one source to another
- Database Processes : Design, development, implementation and maintenance of existing and new databases.
For more information on Business Intelligence and Terms please feel free to view this pdf.